A Universe of Stories
KIDS Summer Reading 2019
Summer Reading is for everyone!
Why Summer Reading?
Summer Reading for Kids…
- Advances literacy and academic performance by engaging children and teens in reading and reading-related activities during the summer months.
- Fosters a love of reading through library programs and services.
- Increases successful reading experiences through librarian-supported, self-selected, voluntary reading.
- Involves parents and all family members in the library summer reading experience.
- Improves children’s access to library materials and activities, which will encourage them to become lifelong readers and library users.
- It’s fun and you can win prizes!
Kids (0 to 12) can read and get prizes. Stop by the library between June 8th and August 10th to sign up for Summer Reading. Get a reading log for your age group and start keeping track of your time reading. You’ll receive prizes for completing different levels on your reading log, and you’ll get raffle tickets, too. After you finish your log, you can keep reading and do the Fort Bragg Library Spinner Challenge, where you can win more raffle tickets. Raffle winners will be announced on August 10th.
Prizes for Fort Bragg kids include Bookwinkle’s gift cards, C.V. Starr Community Center Daily Drop-In passes, Cowlick’s Ice Cream Café coupons, and Spunky Skunk gift cards.
Helpful Links:Past KIDS Summer Reading Programs