Homeschooling isn’t for everyone but what if it’s the best fit for your family situation? Here are a few tools to help you get started and assist in your success as a parent educator.
Getting Started in Homeschooling
- Read about homeschooling.
- Take Homeschool Diner’s Click-O-Matic Quiz for help choosing a homeschooling method.
- Get in touch with a community of homeschoolers. Read about and discuss homeschool philosophies on the Curriculum Choice blog.
- Consider California Homeschooling Laws and Regulations.
- Look into curriculum resources. Try Curriculum Shopping at A to Z Home’s Cool or 123homeschool4me with over 1 million free worksheets and educational activities for kids of all ages. For guides to typical curriculum content and standards by grade level, try the library’s Core Knowledge Series.
- Contact the School Board
- Remember to take a deep breath and enjoy yourself!
Useful searches in our library catalog:
- Home Schooling
- Education, Parent Participation
- Curriculum planning
- Tutors and Tutoring
- Education, Preschool
Unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & more.
Find the resources you need to make homeschooling a successful endeavor.
The official website of Practical Homeschooling Magazine (PHM).
One of the largest sites on the web for buying and selling new and used homeschool materials, and for finding and announcing homeschool groups, activities, and events
Test Prep Review
Free online practice tests; SATS, ACTs, Nursing exams and more.