Please ask a staff member if you need assistance submitting these forms online.
The library currently has access to a free Interlibrary Loan option called ZIP Books.
ZIP Books Requests
- Are ordered and shipped for free
- Ship directly to your mailing address by a third-party vendor
- Eligible items cannot be available in the find catalog
- The Zip Book will be checked out on your library account for 5-6 weeks
- Limit five books per month per person
- Adult Fiction Bestsellers are available to order through January 31st – limit 3, restrictions apply
- DVDs and music CDs are not available
- Mendocino County Library general cardholders only
- No pre-publication items
The ZIP Books service is completely free for you and is provided by a grant funded by the Library Services and Technology Act, managed by the Califa Group and the California State Library.
Your ZIP Books request must be returned to the library before placing another ZIP Books request.
You also have the option to place a standard ILL request for a $2.00 non-refundable fee. Items requested are preferably more than one year old. Most libraries will not ship music CD and DVD ILLs.
Select an Interlibrary Loan option to proceed:
- ZIP Books Request only – Free
- Standard ILL Request only – $2.00 each
- ZIP Books Request – free – or Standard ILL Request – $2.00 each