Need a Library Card? Check out Go Get a Card! for details on how easy it is to get your Mendocino County Library Card.
Get a Library Card
Any person who lives in Mendocino County is eligible to receive a Fort Bragg Library card free of charge. It’s easy. To get your card just stop by the library with a valid picture ID and proof of residency (a piece of mail, car registration, anything that shows your name and current address), fill out a card application and we’ll get your borrowing ability started in no time. Minors under 12 require a parent or guardian’s signature along with proof of residency.
What can I do with a Library card?
- Check out books, movies and audiobooks
- Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- Place holds on items in person or online
- Use online resources
- Manage your account online
What can I do without a card?
- Read books, magazines and use special collections when visiting a library
- Ask a Librarian
- Attend Events & Classes
- Get Literacy Help
- Access our wireless network on your mobile device
- Use a public computer
What else should I know about Library cards?
- Visitors and non-resident? You can get a temporary, restricted Library card. Ask at the desk for more info.
- Lose your card? No problem. Just show your current ID and we’ll issue you a new card at no charge to you.
- Card lost or stolen? Call the Library @707-964-2020. Let us know immediately – you are responsible for any borrowed items.