TEENS Summer Reading 2018
Summer Reading is for everyone!
Why Summer Reading?
Summer Reading for Teens…
- Advances literacy and academic performance by engaging teens in reading and reading-related activities during the summer months.
- Fosters a love of reading through library programs and services.
- Increases successful reading experiences through librarian-supported, self-selected, voluntary reading.
- Involves parents and all family members in the library summer reading experience.
- Improves teen’s access to library materials and activities, which will encourage them to become lifelong readers and library users.
- It’s fun and you can win prizes!
Teens (12 to 18) can read and get prizes. Stop by the library between June 9th and August 11th to sign up for Summer Reading. Get a reading log and start keeping track of the books you’ve read. (You may also sign up online and keep track of your reading that way.) You’ll receive prizes for completing different levels on your reading log, and you’ll get raffle tickets, too. After you finish your log, you can keep reading and do the Fort Bragg Library Spinner Challenge, where you can win more raffle tickets. Raffle winners will be announced on August 11th.
Prizes for Fort Bragg teens include C.V. Starr Community Center Daily Drop-In passes, Cowlick’s Ice Cream Café coupons, Spunky Skunk gift cards, Skunk Train Pudding Creek Express passes and more.
TEEN SUMMER READING
Wednesday the 13th and 20th at 4 to 6 p.m.—Teen Dungeons & Dragons: Create your character and go on adventures. New players are welcome.
Saturday, July 21st, 2 to 3 p.m.—Teen Tie-Dye: We’ll provide the dye, T-shirts, and other essentials, but you’re welcome to bring other items to dye, as long as they’re 100% cotton and light-colored.
Saturday, July 28th, 7 to 10 p.m.—Teen Lock-In, Disco Mystery: Teens (12 to 18) will play 1970s celebrity suspects who are also detectives, looking for clues in a scavenger hunt and helping to solve a murder mystery. Pizza and other refreshments served. Seventies threads (clothes) are encouraged but not required. Pre-registration is required.
Wednesdays at 4 to 6 p.m.—Teen Dungeons & Dragons: Create your character and go on adventures. New players are welcome.
Wednesdays at 4 to 6 p.m. Teen Dungeons & Dragons: Create your character and go on adventures. New players are welcome.