LIBRARY ANNOUNCES NEW K-12 DATABASES!
Mendocino County Library Press Release
The Mendocino County Library is now providing access to multiple educational resources for students, teachers and parents, which was made available through the California State Library. The resources were funded by a $3 million project from the 2018 California State budget signed by Gov. Brown with the goal of designing a statewide collection of online content to aid all California students with their educational needs.
These resources, frequently referred to as “library databases,” provide teachers and students with an immense amount of online books, scientific research, newspaper articles, photos, and videos — all aligned with the curriculum that California has created for its schools.
A sampling of the educational platforms include:
- Brittanica School: Elementary, Middle, and High School
- Britannica Escolar (in Spanish for K-8)
- ProQuest Issue Researcher
- ProQuest Schools & Educators Complete
- ProQuest eLibrary
- TeachingBooks – Book and Author Resources
- BookConnections Children’s, Teen, Family Resources
- Recursos de Lectura para Jovenes y Familias
To access these resources, or for more information, please visit https://www.mendolibrary.org/online-resources/articles-databases/proquest or contact your local branch or the Mendocino County Cultural Services Agency at 234-2873.