Learning Platforms From California State Library
Access these learning platforms with your library card through September 2022
Mendocino County Library Press Release:
The Mendocino County Library (MCL), in partnership with the California State Library, is participating in the Digital Learning Platforms for All California Public Libraries initiative to provide six free digital learning platforms to anyone with a Mendocino County Library card. These new digital resources are being paid for with one-time federal pandemic relief funds made possible through the American Rescue Plan Act federal funding and will be available through September 2022.
By collaborating with the California State Library, the Mendocino County Library hopes to help speed our community’s recovery from the pandemic by offering helpful resources for workforce development and recovery, test prep, career change, small business startup, digital skill building, soft skills, certifications, and more.
MCL invites our community to try a new course online, brush up on job skills, and improve your experience level for resumes. All tools will be available to library customers until September 2022.
- Coursera: Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies.
- GetSetUp: An online community of people, who want to learn new skills, connect with others and unlock new life experiences designed specifically for older adults.
- Learning Express Library: A learning tool designed to help students and professionals at all levels of learning achieve their educational and career-related goals.
- LinkedIn Learning: An online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos.
- Northstar: A tool that provides assessments, instructor-led curricula and self-directed online learning for basic digital literacy skills.
- Skillshare: An online learning platform with thousands of creative courses and classes taught by experts to help you learn new skills. This membership will be available on a first come first serve basis for 3 months at a time.
All of these resources can be accessed from home with a computer and internet connection at mendolibrary.org or by visiting your library branch.
For more information, please visit www.mendolibrary.org or contact the Mendocino County Cultural Services Agency at 707-234-2873.