SEPTEMBER IS LIBRARY CARD SIGN-UP MONTH
Any person who lives in Mendocino County is eligible to receive a library card free of charge. It’s easy. To get your card just stop by the library with a valid picture ID and proof of residency (a piece of mail, car registration, anything that shows your name and current address), fill out a card application and we’ll get your borrowing ability started in no time. Minors under 18 require a parent or guardian’s signature along with proof of residency.
What can I do with a Library card?
- Check out books, movies and audiobooks
- Download e-books, audiobooks, music and videos
- Place holds on items in person or online
- Use online databases and eresources
- Manage your account online
- Check out a Hotspot or a California Parks Pass
- Borrow a DIY home energy test box
- Check out Literacy Kits and Memory Kits
- Get seeds for your garden
- and much, much more!
So what are you waiting for? Get carded!
*To get carded, you’ll need your picture ID and proof of local address.
Check out this little tutorial from Fort Bragg Branch Library