Book Club Kits are here!
Book Club Kits provide an all-in-one check-out for book clubs, with everything in one box that book clubs need for a great discussion. These are an excellent resource for your book group!
In each box you will find
- 6-12 copies of the book except where noted
- A binder full of information about the author, discussion questions, reviews, interviews and more
How to Check Out a Book Club Kit
- Search the catalog under Book Club Kit for current titles available
- You may place a hold on a specific Book Club Kit title in the catalog and request to pick it up from any library location.
- The loan period is 6 weeks and the box may be renewed up to 2 times if there are no existing holds.
- Two boxes may be checked out at any one time
- The box will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the box. That person is responsible for the return of the box and all of its contents.
Returning the Boxes
- Carefully check contents before returning the box.
- Boxes must be returned by handing them to a staff member at any Mendocino County location
- Do not put boxes or contents in a bookdrop.
- Late fees are the same as for a book. See Fines and Fees for more information.
- Replacement cost of an entire Book Club Kit is fair market value.
- The replacement charge for individual items in the box will include actual cost of the item and a processing fee.